Pages

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Xian Ding Wei at 1 Utama

Originally planned to head to Tang Shi Fu which *cross fingers* I was hoping would be open already. Unfortunately, seems they'll only be opening at the end of this month. In the end, we decided to head over to Xian Ding Wei since the rest of my family haven't tried it yet =)

Xian Ding Wei

As usual, the place was full by the time we got there. Luckily, there were still some empty tables at the outdoor area. At least there were some fans there so we didn't feel too hot. Didn't waste much time before making our orders as we were hungry already =p

Our orders took quite a while in arriving...I guess due to the large number of customers? The set orders seem to be prepared faster than ala-carte items as my order was the last to arrive.

Pork Chop with Cheese Set... yummy yummy cheese =)


Dad's  pork chop with cheese was the first  item to arrive. Each set order comes with one bowl of 'lu rou fan', three side dishes and one bowl of soup. The pork chop was quite good, with crispy breadcrumbs on the outside but the meat was still juicy =) Just wish there was more cheese =p

Lu Rou Fan!! *drool*

Couldn't resist getting another picture of my favourite, Lu Rou Fan!! =) This was just good, tried this before when I came with colleagues too. Another thing I love about the set is the soup, which is really tasty...they put quite a lot of bonito flakes in there, yum yum =p

Pan Fried Fish Set *hehe, forget the exact name already*

Mum's set was the next to arrive...it was some kind of pan fried fish with black pepper I think? Nothing really special about this dish, just felt normal for me. The only seasoning was some chilli spice I think, similar to what they put on the fried chicken chop at Shihlin. Only thing was the fish was not deboned so it was a little troublesome having to pick through the fish to remove the bones.

Fish with Tomato Sauce and Egg Set

Next up, bro's fish with tomato sauce and egg set. Unlike the pan fried fish, this came in fillet slices, so it was much easier for us to eat. For me, this felt a little like a sweet and sour sauce..wasn't a  very big fan of this dish.

Lu Rou Fan again =p

Finally, my oyster mee sua arrived!! The bowl looked deceptively small, but it was actually quite a big portion. I quite liked this noodles though I wish they could have added some more bonito flakes...felt like it lacked just that bit of oomph as compared to the one I tried in Taiwan. But at least the noodles wasn't overloaded with vinegar.

Oyster Mee Sua with Large Intestines

One thing though, if you're having both the soup from the set meal and these noodles, it would be better to have the soup first. The taste of the noodles is so strong that I couldn't taste the soup anymore after I'd finished this bowl!!


Mango Snow
We decided to order dessert after that and I chose Mango Snow. When it arrived at our table, I felt rather disappointed. The mango pieces were quite small, and the only sweetness came from the ice cream on top.

I'll definitely be back for the food, though it is a little expensive. But I think I'll skip on the desserts.

Xian Ding Wei
G360, Ground Floor,
1 Utama Shopping Centre,
1, Lebuh Bandar Utama,
Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment